Join Print Designer, Katie Charleson, and Seamstress, Nicola Milazzo, for this weekend course to screen print your own designs onto fabric to turn into an apron. You’ll get an introduction to the key techniques involved in screen printing textiles, pattern cutting and sewing with a machine.
Saturday will be spent in Katie’s Print Space coming up with your own repeat design and playing with colour. You’ll be shown the essentials of screen printing and you’ll finish the day with 1.5m of linen printed with your own pattern to take into Nicola’s sewing masterclass the next day.
- how to prepare your own designs ready for the screen
- transferring your design onto screen using our equipment
- preparing fabric and setting up your print
- mixing inks and their properties
- how to produce a basic repeat print
- lots of time to practice your print technique and get a bit inky!
- Sewing machine tutorials using basic and/or specialist machines
- How to lay out and cut your pattern
- Step-by-step guidance on making up your apron
- Adding pockets and trims
Nicola and Katie will be on hand to give you tips and tricks of the trade and offer 1-2-1 advice specific to what you’d like to achieve in your project, so you leave super inspired and ready to take your work to the next stage!
EOW adheres to all current health and safety guidance around in-person classes, with compulsory PPE, distancing, and hygiene measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our program participants.
COURSE FEE COVERS
- All materials included in
- 50% off purchase of your first Annual Membership