Ready for your first date with woodworking? Join designer and furniture maker, Kirsty of Fine Piece, to learn the basics of woodworking, as you practice your new skills on a simple box, and picture frame. This course is designed to be an introduction to woodworking for those that have always wanted to give it a try, and not had the time or space. Participants will get an introduction to drawing plans, using woodworking tools and machinery, carpentry techniques and gain skills and confidence in a workshop setting.
This course also sets the foundation for taking all Beginner Level EOW Woodworking courses.
Course Material Covers:
– Drawing plans and working from them
– Hand & Power Tools
– Machinery (table saw, chop saw, router table, drill press, planer/thicknesser)
– Marking techniques and measuring wood
– Making basic joints (dowel joint, but joint, pocket jig, mitre joint, domino joint)
– Sanding and finishing
EOW adheres to all current health and safety guidance around in-person classes with hygiene measures in place to ensure the health and safety of our program participants.
COURSE FEE COVERS
- 4 weeks of 2 hour sessions (8 hours total) of supervised work and support with experienced carpenters
- 50% off purchase of your first Annual Membership
- All course materials (including project handouts)
- Guidance on beginning future projects