Need a studio space? We’ve got an opening in one of our Resident Bays!
Join our growing community of multi-discipline makers, including woodworkers, metal workers, prop makers and set builders, hobbyists, trade workers and enthusiasts. EOW also has studios currently occupied by theatre producers, scenic designers, artists and a resident bladesmith.
Available Resident Bay
Available from 1 November
Size: 5m x 3m
Tenancy: mid – long term options
Rate: £404 PCM
- located on our first floor, dubbed the ‘paint floor’, it compromises 4x13amp sockets, a mix of bright fluorescent and LED lighting
- chest height walls separate the maker(s) from the rest of the environment providing adequate privacy and demarcation to the space, but remains in-keeping with the EOW open plan ethos
- it’s in the eaves of the building and as such the space has a sloped roof terminating to a back wall that’s chest height, perfect for a seated work-bench or desk setup
The bay is ideally suited, though not limited, to a maker who needs access to a wide variety of tools and wants to be part of Edinburgh’s latest makerspace community. We are happy to consider Makers who come with specialist tools and equipment. The space could easily accommodate two users.
Rental of a resident bay includes:
- free membership to EOW’s workshop facilities, comprising CNC access, woodwork machinery, metalwork tools, paint space, spray booth & textile room (t’s and c’s apply)
- extra space or flexible storage for your project we offer space hire options to residents at a 50% discount, creating the ability to flex overheads on a project by project basis
- EOW also offers a variety of space options for running classes for a small commission
- 24/7 Access, wifi, waste, recycling and kitchen facilities are included in the price stated. One months deposit is required, key-card and building key deposits are also mandatory. 3 month minimum tenancy.
Interested? Get in touch and see the space for yourself!
For more information, email [email protected]
Unfortunately, the space is not suitable for woodworkers and we ask that those who work primarily in timber not apply.