Independent Arts Projects
Producing & Arts Management for performance
Previous roles include:-
- Producer with Janice Parker Projects;
- Interim Associate Producer at Edinburgh’s Lyceum Theatre;
- Associate Producer at Oran Mor’s A Play, a Pie and a Pint;
- as well as shorter contracts with Scottish Dance Theatre;
- Wee Stories;
- Birds of Paradise; and
- Luminate Festival.
I was Producer with David Leddy’s Fire Exit company from 2012 to 2015, presenting work throughout the UK and internationally. Previously, I worked with Fire Exit as Administrator, Wee Stories theatre company on marketing and audience development; and with some of Scotland’s leading theatre companies either producing, project managing or providing administrative and marketing support.
I was awarded the FST Producer’s Bursary twice, once in 2015 (working with A Play, a Pie and a Pint) and once in 2010 (Fire Exit). I also produced David Leddy’s City of the Blind (shortlisted for the Amnesty International Freedom of Expression award, 2014). Alongside David Leddy I was a mentor for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Emerging Producer’s Bursary Programme in 2014 and was a member of Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society’s Participants’ Council from 2011-2015.
There are lots of different ways artists can work with producers – all of it starts with a conversation – so do get in touch and we can arrange a coffee or a Skype or similar.
Some things I can do: –
- Develop, produce & tour new theatrical works;
- Project & partner development – identify the audience, venues, partners, etc.;
- Strategic development – focus on your ambitions and create a 3 or 5-year plan;
- Business readiness – get what you need in place to realise your artistic plans;
- How to start & run a small company (including admin & statutory requirements);
- Advice – coffee, guidance, thoughts, ideas, conversation;
- Develop fundraising applications and/or strategies;
- Showcase & tour internationally;
- Staff administrative, production and creative teams.
All of the above is about creating the space, allowing the time and securing the money to get your work seen.